The clinic that Owen sees his doctor at holds a Down Syndrome Clinic once a year, which we attended on Monday. Basically it is a day full different doctors and specialists. Some were interesting and worth our time, and others not...I'll get to that later.
Six month stats: 13 lbs 6 oz. 23.5 in
1. Social Services: The woman from social services just talked about different services such as birth to 3 and Social Security. She is our go to person for any questions or problems we have with those types of things.
2. Nutritionist: The doctor asked us some basic questions about what and how much Owen eats. She gave us some advice on how many times we should be feeding Owen solids and that we should be giving him more veggies before the fruits....Owen has a sweet tooth, or should I say sweet gums.
3. Speech: There was too much to go over, since Owen only babbles right now. The doctor just went over a questionnaire about communication skills and said she would send us some info on activities that we can do with Owen to work on his verbal skills.
4. Psychologist/behavioral lady: What a waste of time. First off, I barely could control myself when she walked into the room with hair that looked like she just rolled out of bed. She had curly hair that she had teased and thick enough bangs to make a toupee for two people. The whole time she babbled on about different ways to make bath time more comfortable for Owen and talked about how to put him to bed. I mean come on, I could have got better information on Google.
5. Pediatrician: Owen's ped. is my favorite. She is so nice and always takes her time to answer all of my questions and concerns. She was very impressed with Owen's improvement. She said she could see progress in his control of his trunk and head. She said we could get Owen a sippy cup to try. (He holds onto the handles with me but doesn't actually support the cup at all. It's so cute though.) Owen got some shots and had blood drawn for another thyroid test.
6. Audiologist: All went well here. Owen was a little crabby by the end of the day but he did great and passed his hearing test in both ears.
We didn't get to see the cardiologist tho, there was a little mix up with the schedule. We go back on Friday for that appointment. I think we are discussing Owen's surgery that he needs.