August 15, 2011

Heart Surgery

Owen will be having open-heart surgery to repair his ASD. The surgery will take place on the 25th of August at Mayo in Rochester, MN. I am glad he will be having the surgery at one of the top facilities in the country, but that doesn't really make things better. Lately I have really been on edge and really emotional and questioning if I can do this or not...just thinking about all the what ifs. I'm crying already just typing this. Any prayers or advice are welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that I do not have any advice to offer in terms of the surgery itself, but I do want to let you know that I will be thinking and praying for all of you.....HUGS being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have ANY advice for this. But... I WILL keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you will be comforted during this trial and I know that Owen will come out a champ!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You CAN do this and when you feel like you can't, just look into Little Peanut's eyes and he will lead the way. You would be amazed at how resilient these little ones are. Our Grace had a complete AV and TOF repair and less than 24 hours later was breastfeeding, rolling and showing us she was going to be ok. Look at Unfinished Ramble's blog showing her son the day he was released from the hospital! Amazing! It's all very surreal as it happens, but the anxiety of the unknown is much much worse than the actual thing. Email me at graceland if you have any questions! You CAN do this - it was no mistake Peanut was entrusted to your care!

    ReplyDelete